Monday 24 February 2014

*Let us INTRODUCE you to...* AMY @ ROSEY POPS PHOTOGRAPHY



Amy : Rosey Pops Photography

Hi I’m Amy, Owner & Photographer at Rosey Pops Photography in Thorne! I'm a wife to my husband Ian and a mummy to 1yr old Isla. I'm also an unashamed crazy cat lady with a passion for music, books and food (mainly as you can enjoy all at once which is just lush).

I’ve always had an interest in art and photography but it was when my little girl came along that I started to find my confidence with my work. It was purely the encouragement from family and friends to photograph other families that pushed me to create Rosey Pops. I often get asked so I'll share with you too, the name is from my nickname for Isla as her middle name is Rose.

Since becoming a mummy I'm aware of how fast time ticks by. This was the inspiration for my work and the creation of Rosey Pops. I am an observer and you will rarely hear me shout ‘smile’ at my subjects on a shoot as I like to capture people naturally along with their personal qualities and organic activities. I'm just in the middle of building my own studio at my home in Thorne, but I love to host photo sessions outdoors where natural light floods all around and there’s lovely backdrops for your images!

I photograph a wide variety of subjects and events from newborns, to weddings, pet portraits to product shots for retail. I am self-taught and constantly evolve my skill set so I can become better with every shutter click.

Aside from Rosey Pops I have become involved in the local project ‘Let’s Uplift Thorne’. I’m the resident ‘geeky arty one’ often updating Facebook or compiling articles to share with our followers. It’s been an amazing opportunity for me to make friends and find out more about what’s on offer here in my new hometown and I have to say I love it already!

FOLLOW Amy’s blog at: www.roseypops.blogspot.co.uk
LIKE Amy’s page at: www.facebook.com/roseypops
LOOK at Amy’s work at: www.roseypops.co.uk

No comments:

Post a Comment