Friday 21 February 2014

Let us introduce you to... LAURA @ POLKA DOT TEAPOT


Laura : Polka Dot Teapot

Hi my name is Laura and I run Polka Dot Teapot - my jewellery/craft business!

I'm a 23 year old fashion design graduate, and became interested in jewellery design after an internship in London. Once graduated I couldn’t find any jobs that didn't require nearly two years experience, and the only way to gain this was by working unpaid! So I decided to create my own job, my own business and enrolled in business workshops and gained funding in association with the job centre.

‘Polka Dot Teapot’ is all about creating unique bespoke items from clothing to jewellery and craft items. No two items are the same, and I individually design pieces to customer specifications. One of my signature pieces is the message in a bottle jewellery which can be customised with personal messages and make beautiful keepsakes.

My goals for my business are to evolve my studio at Finkle Court into a mini boutique with a fabulous and unique ‘create your own’ process where customers will be able to come in and browse hundreds of different fabrics and materials and design their own clothing, jewellery and homeware gifts. Keep up to date with my Facebook page to follow my progress!

FIND Laura at: 1b Finkle Court, Thorne


No comments:

Post a Comment